Sunday, June 17, 2012

Aung San Suu Kyi in Bergen!

We were there!  We were in a huge crowd--maybe 20,000 people--and I couldn't see much, but I could reach up with my camera and zoom in for a pretty good picture.  She was a wonderful speaker, and a special children's group performed in her honor; it was a fabulous presentation.





The three of us had taken the bus into Bergen and walked around town earlier this afternoon, until it was time to gather for Suu Kyi's arrival.  We saw the narrowest street in Bergen:
and some more crazy roof lines in a historic part of Bergen.  



We went by the fish market:


Then joined the crowd: 

Burmese refugee holding the Burmese flag to greet her.

Cute little Bergenser.
I'll try to find a youtube video of the event to share with you or you can google it and send it to me!  We watched the news tonight, but didn't see ourselves in the crowd--darn!  Let me know if you find us...





No comments:

Post a Comment